Opening a business account in Singapore is straightforward once you know the process and requirements. Having a business bank account is the best way to keep your business finances separate from your personal spending and keep track of your business expenses and cash flows.
Therefore, opening a business account is one of the first things you must do when starting a business. Singapore has emerged as the leading financial hub in Asia, so banks in Singapore are getting easier to work with.
This business account Singapore guide walks you through the complete process of opening a business account in Singapore, how to open a Singapore business account for a foreign entity, and the best business account option in Singapore.
How to Open a Business Account in Singapore
If you’re a Singaporean resident and your company is registered here, opening a business account is fairly simple. In this case, you can open your account instantly online.
However, if you aren’t a Singaporean citizen and you choose a business account from a traditional bank, you will need to open your account in person. In this case, company owners and directors will need to meet a bank representative in order to submit their documents and open an account.
Here are the steps for opening a Singapore business account in both cases.
- Choose the business account provider and account that best suits your requirements
- Gather all the required documents and necessary information
- Fill out the application form online or in person
- Submit documents to the institution either by uploading digital copies or submitting them in the form of hard copies at the branch
- The provider or bank will review the documents, verify your application, and open your business account, which could happen instantly or take a couple of days
- Once the account is verified, you can make transactions
Requirements to Open a Business Account in Singapore
Business account opening requirements vary slightly depending on the account provider and your business type. However, you will typically need the following documents and information.
- Completed Business Account Opening Forms
- Detailed Company Information
- Company Unique Entity Number (UEN) Number
- Certified Copies of Passport and Identity Card of all Business Owners
- Board of Directors Resolution
- Certified True Copy of Resolution
- Certified True Copy of Company’s Business Profile
- Certified True Copy of Certificate of Incorporation
- Certified True Copy of Company’s Memorandum and Articles of Association (MAA)
- Proof of Residential Address of Directors, Shareholders, and Ultimate Beneficiary Owners
If your company is established outside of Singapore, you will need to submit additional documents.
Opening a Business Account in Singapore for a Foreign Entity
Singapore is home to leading world banks that are ready to open a business account for any foreign entity. The process of opening a business account in Singapore for a foreign entity is easy and similar to the above. You need to submit the correct paperwork, and most traditional banks will ask you to open an account by visiting a branch.
When opening an account, banks need the company’s directors, owners, and account signatories to be physically present in Singapore to sign documents. Moreover, a few foreign banks, such as Citibank and HSBC, will let you sign the required paperwork either at one of their overseas branches or in the presence of a notary.
How Long Does it Take to Open a Business Account in Singapore?
If you are a Singapore citizen with a locally registered entity, you can open your account online and run in minutes. Typically, opening a business account in Singapore may take between one to four weeks. This depends on the time taken for verification by the bank or financial institution you chose.
Once your application and necessary paperwork are submitted, your account will open instantly. In order to avoid delays, the directors and authorized signatories must be physically present at the time of signing documents.
Moreover, fintech solutions like Fazz Business have a smooth onboarding process that allows you to register your business account from home. You can complete all the verification steps immediately after registering.
How Much Does It Cost to Open a Business Account in Singapore?
The cost of opening a business account varies depending on your chosen provider and business account type. If you have a foreign registered entity, it may also make a difference.
Opening a business account with any traditional bank is expensive, and it’s even more expensive if you’re a foreigner. Depending on the bank you choose, the minimum balance may range from S$5,000 to S$10,000, and there may be a fall-below fee up to S$50. Some leading institutions, like Fazz Business, have no minimum initial deposit requirement and no subscription fees.
Why You Should Choose Fazz Business Account
Fazz Business is a leading neobank trusted by startups and Web3 companies across Southeast Asia. Opening a business account with any traditional bank comes with a wide range of fees. Also, they take much longer to verify the account opening application, especially for foreign entities.
Fazz Business has a simple and hassle-free account opening process. You can open your business account online without waiting for weeks. Fazz Business provides simplicity in business accounts and offers broader financial services and options. You will get limitless possibilities for your business growth.
With Fazz Business, you can securely manage your business finances in USD or SGD and make fund transfers in 50+ currencies without worrying about hidden fees and high exchange rates. There are no bank fees, no minimum balance requirement, and no subscription fees.
How to open a business account with Fazz Business
With Fazz Business, you can open your business account instantly online on the website in easy steps. Here are the requirements for creating a business account:
- Online Account Opening Form
- Personal Identification Documents: NRIC or Passport or Identity Card
- Proof of Residential Address
- Detailed Company Information
- Business Registration Documentation
- Directors and Beneficial Owners
At Fazz Business, we are here to help you grow your business without limits. Our mission is to provide you with fair, inclusive, and accessible core financial services. Open your Fazz business account free of cost today and manage your business finances smoothly!